Our investment criteria
Pacific Channel seeks to place investments in high growth companies with strong fundamentals and a clearly defined market opportunity. Pacific Channel’s investment criteria includes:
- A clear, well defined exit strategy and potential minimum ten-fold return on investment within five years unless return profile is mitigated by a significantly lower risk;
- An incorporation or intention to incorporate in Australasia;
- Companies exploiting technologies in market sectors in which our team has specific expertise (life sciences, engineering, clean tech, agbio, animal health, biotechnology, biomedicine, human health, medical diagnostics and devices, nutritional ingredients);
- Has or is likely to obtain intellectual property protection with freedom to operate;
- Has a rational and informed strategy for regulatory issues related to the technology;
- Has established technical proof-of-concept;
- The technology addresses clear unmet need and is a step change enhancement in the market;
- There is a strong management in place or the people are open to establishing a strong management team;
- The venture has a life time investment requirement of $500,000-$5million prior to investor liquidity;
- A market-realistic pre-money valuation;
- People we can work with who have a like-minded approach to doing business.
Our review and investment process
Pacific Channel uses a systematic and rigorous investment screening process. Our review and investment process is as follows:
- Initial review of the business plan and financials by Pacific Channel. See our investment criteria.
- Peer-review of the technology by associates of Pacific Channel and independent industry experts.
- In-depth due diligence performed by Pacific Channel.
- Investment readiness – assist in preparing investment offer and due-diligence documents.
- Agree on investment terms.
- Investment from Pacific Channel
- Investment from 3rd parties.