Our investment criteria
Pacific Channel seeks to place investments in high growth companies with strong fundamentals and a clearly defined market opportunity. Pacific Channel’s investment criteria includes:
- An incorporation or intention to incorporate in New Zealand;
- Companies exploiting technologies in market sectors in which our team has specific expertise;
- Has established technical proof-of-concept;
- Is capable of achieving a sustainable competitive advantage through intellectual property protection or otherwise;
- Has a rational and informed strategy for regulatory issues related to the technology;
- The technology addresses clear unmet need and solves a worthwhile problem within its target market;
- There is a strong management in place (or the people are open to establishing a strong management team);
- The venture has a life time investment requirement of less than $25m prior to investor liquidity;
- A clear, well defined exit strategy and potential minimum ten-fold return on investment unless the return profile is mitigated by significantly lower risk;
- A market-realistic valuation;
- People we can work with who have a like-minded approach to doing business.
Our review and investment process
Pacific Channel uses a systematic and rigorous investment screening process. Our review and investment process is as follows:
- Initial review of the business plan and financials by Pacific Channel. See our investment criteria.
- Peer-review of the technology by associates of Pacific Channel and independent industry experts.
- In-depth due diligence performed by Pacific Channel.
- Investment readiness – assist in preparing investment offer and due-diligence documents.
- Agree on investment terms.
- Investment from Pacific Channel
- Investment from 3rd parties.