Dr Gary Pace, BSc (Hons I), MSc, PhD
Dr. Gary Pace is an experienced serial entrepreneur and senior operations manager of small to large-scale life sciences ventures in Australia, New Zealand and the USA. He has more than 40 years of experience in the development and commercialization of advanced technologies including in the biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and food industries.
Dr Pace currently serves as a director of ResMed (NYSE:RMD), Pacira Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:PCRX), Simavita Ltd (ASX:SVA) and Antisense Therapeutics (ASX:ANP) as well as several private companies. In New Zealand he is the Chairman of several Pacific Channel portfolio companies including Breathe Easy, which is developing a therapeutic for cystic fibrosis; and Engender Technologies, which is developing a sperm sex separation technology for dairy cows. He also served as founding Chairman of Somnaceutics, a Pacific Channel portfolio company which was sold to New Image Group.
Dr. Pace holds a B.Sc. (Hons I) from the University of New South Wales and a Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where he was a Fulbright Fellow and General Foods Scholar. He has authored or co-authored over 50 research and review papers plus 24 patents. He has held visiting academic positions at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Queensland. Dr. Pace is an elected Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering. In 2003 he was awarded a Centenary Medal by the Australian Government “for service to Australian society in research and development” and in was named 2011 Director of the Year (corporate governance) by the San Diego Directors Forum.
Dr. Pace was born in Sydney Australia and holds both US and Australian citizenship. He lives in La Jolla, California, USA.
Brent Ogilvie, BSc. (Bio.), MBA, CFIP (INFINZ (Cert)), Member of the Institute of Directors
Brent Ogilvie is co-founder and Managing Director of Pacific Channel. Through Pacific Channel activities as a seed investor, Mr. Ogilvie serves as Director of:
- Engender Technologies Limited
- Breathe Easy Limited
- Living Green Group Limited
- Pheromite Limited
- Vortex Power Systems Limited
Mr Ogilvie was also previously Director of:
- Somnaceutics Limited, which successfully developed and sold the intellectual property of a sleep-enhancement tonic and its other business assets to an NZX-listed company;
- Ecodiesel Limited, a biodiesel technology company that sold its business assets to Z Energy.
- D'Arcy Polychrome Lmited, which sold its assets to Drikolor Inc
- SciTOX Limited, which sold its assets to CertusBIO Limited
- Footfalls and Heartbeats, which is commercialising a process for designing & manufacturing textiles where the textile itself can perform a sensory function.
He is a Council Member of the Angel Association of New Zealand.
Prior to founding Pacific Channel, Mr Ogilvie was New Zealand Consul & Trade Commissioner to New York. He was formerly an industrial product manager for a global corporation and an advisor to New Zealand start-ups.