“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail”
Ralph “Waldo” Emerson
Footfalls & Heartbeats Limited (FHL) seeks a senior staff member who can drive product development for this exciting, early stage, high-growth company. The ideal applicant will be technologically savvy, smart and adept at working at the interface between the company and its research providers and business partners.
Based in Auckland, FHL is commercialising world-leading textile sensor technology which has a multitude of market applications. Successfully licensing its technology means integrating FHL’s sensing network into varied product areas, potentially ranging from medical and sporting equipment to structural composite materials.
The Senior Product Development Manager will manage research projects from inception to delivery and contribute to business development projects. This includes supporting the adaption of FHL’s technology to the requirements of license partners, a group which potentially includes some of the world’s largest athletic and consumer electronic companies and owner operator manufacturers.
The successful applicant will ideally be someone with a background in science, engineering or innovation and an understanding of software/signal processing and electronic technology and markets would be a distinct advantage. A strong track record of timely and cost efficient project management is essential.
This role is for someone who understands technology and is also attuned to customer needs, ensuring the demands of the marketplace are integrated into product development. You will have a proven ability to work primarily with scientific and technical personnel while maintaining a focus on the needs of licensees and customers. Your skill set will also include an ability to listen and contribute, lead and inspire others and, above all, work well with a range of people and in a team.
This is a senior role and working for FHL provides an opportunity to be part of an exciting, fastpaced company which is focused on creating world-class technology that has a global impact.
The successful candidate will preferably be based in Auckland. The position will require regular national and international travel.
- Manage technology development programmes from concept through to design and validation
- Manage relationships with licensees from understanding their requirements and identifying opportunities through to design and prototype samples
- Plan, schedule, monitor and complete projects to agreed timeframes
- Connect with a range of advisors and partners to advance the company’s IP portfolio and accelerate business growth
- Be a product expert and champion and keep up with international technical standards, industry trends, competitor products and customer requirements and ensure this knowledge informs product development
- Constantly strive to build a world-leading company which is responsive and innovative
Please send your application to the attention of Dil Khosa: